Skip to main content

31 Days to Keep a Tender Heart: October 16

 
#538: Today was a beautiful day.
#539: I took a different way to work and got there 5 minutes faster.
#540: I discovered that 3 of my 4 clients had rescheduled and I was finished with work by 10 AM.
#541: I got to hang out at YMCA Camp Winnebago with a group of 8th grade students from Thurgood Marshall School for the Rotary Academy program. The sun was shining, the arm was warm and the students were doing team-building exercises. I spent 2 hours watching them have a great day.
#542: For the first time in over a week, I am caught up on all my paperwork.
#543: I drove around a Rockford neighborhood near the river and looked at fall leaves everywhere in gold, red and orange.
#544: I sat with my mom in the afternoon, a rare treat, and ate popcorn while we sipped coffee.
#545: I visited the neighbor with Karyn. I watched both of them in mom mode, responding to the needs of their children with love and grace, and felt impressed by how they handle the challenges of parenting. I hoped to be a mom like them someday. I enjoyed when we found time to connect even with the noise and chaos of four children.
#546: I had dinner with my parents and talked about what it would look like for me to buy a house, someday. I wondered how far away that day will actually be.
#547: I came to R2HOP and beamed while a good friend gave a fantastic presentation on what a house of prayer is. I relished hearing it from her unique perspective.
Today was a day full of gifts. I thank God for each one and how He wraps me up in His love.

Comments

  1. you were a highlight in my mom crazed day today!! Thank you for seeing my parenting as one with love and grace!! :) sometime it feels like anything but that! SO BLESSED to have you all right next door to add some sanity to my long days! Love you guys to pieces and LOVE this blog! Praying that you see some amazing answers to the desires of your heart this year! You are an AMAZING woman and I consider you one of the greatest blessings in the move to this new area! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 weeks ago today

I got married three weeks ago today. I’ve been thinking a lot about our wedding since that day. This was my first week back to work, which meant that I got to talk a lot about that day and show pictures, because everything is still fresh and new and people are anxious to know how it went. I have missed writing. Several times during our honeymoon, I almost grabbed my laptop because I had the urge to write. I never did, but I wanted to. I think that it felt too intimate to record in some ways. And, in others, I was just enjoying being lazy and carefree. I plan to write about what I remember from my wedding. (Maybe even some things from our honeymoon. We shall see…) I don’t know what I will share, but I want to make a record of my memories and experiences from that day. Just three weeks later, but the feelings are less vivid and the mental pictures are less crisp. Fortunately, our photographer did an amazing job and I am thankful that I have those images to remind me....

Heart Revival

Hey you guys, It's been almost two years since my last post. What?! I know some of you probably forgot that I even used to do this, but I hope that you're as excited as I am that I'm coming back to blogging. It's a new season and God has been stirring up lots of creativity and courage in me recently. I'm happy to tell you all about it. In case you missed it, I became a mom to sweet Elias last summer. In fact, he is about to turn 1 year old on Monday and I can't believe it! Guys, he is absolutely the sweetest, calmest and most delightful baby you can ever imagine and I still tear up sometimes in gratitude when I remember that he is my little boy. One of my life dreams to be a stay-at-home mama has been partially fulfilled in that I only work three days a week during the school year. I work 2 1/2 days at RCS Elementary School and it is an amazing place. Shortly after I got there, they put me in charge of the two chapel services that happen each week. Gu...
Dear Me at 16, First, take a deep breath and try to relax. You're not receiving this letter because you are bad or in trouble. To the contrary, I'm writing to you because I care about you and I know that it's hard for you to let others be caring toward you. You feel exposed and vulnerable, wondering if the person will stumble across all those imperfections that you work so hard to hide. You feel afraid of how they might judge you if they knew how needy, fragile and broken you actually are behind your put-together facade. I want to let you know that it's not your fault that you are this way. At least, it's not entirely your fault. Your desire to encourage and help other people is a wonderful, God-given part of your personality that influences you to put yourself in the position of helper. And this is an important part of how God has made you because it relates to the high calling that He has placed on your life to partner with Him in restoring people. Being t...