June 14: a gift unexpected, unwanted, unlikely
- A gift unexpected was when one of my clients rescheduled for later in the day and I got to take an hour long nap on the couch in my office!
- A gift unwanted was when I felt tired at the end of a long day and was tempted to skip going to the House of Prayer. This helped me to celebrate the period of time that I did have to be home before going to R2HOP. I savored some dinner while reading a book and then visited with Karyn.
- A gift unlikely was reading The Voice of the Martyrs magazine and being encouraged in my faith by reading their testimonies of persecution and perseverance.
June15: 3 gifts in His word
- The example of David, "who obeyed my commands and followed me with all his heart and always did whatever I wanted him to do." 1Kings 14:8 I want to be like David in my obedience and love for God.
- The encouragement given to Cornelius, "And the angel replied, 'Your prayers and gifts to the poor have not gone unnoticed by God!'" Acts 10:4 I am tempted to doubt that God hears me and responds to my prayers when they are not answered instantly. I love this story of how God sent an angel to Cornelius and the first part of God's message was an affirmation. God does hear our prayers and He does notice the actions of our hearts!
- "How wonderful it is, how pleasant, when brothers live together in harmony!" Psalm 133:1. This is a good reminder of how important it is to bless others and to seek their good.
- Spending time with Noah and Kingston tonight was another gift. I love their constant moving, exploring, smiling and playing.
June 16: 3 gifts moving
- Running through the forest preserve with Lily and trying to stay in the shady spots on the path
- Trees, wild grass and flowers dancing in the wind
- Swaying in worship and lifting my hands in thanksgiving
- Celebrating my parent's 33rd anniversary is another wonderful gift
June 17: 3 gifts in my dad
- His incredible mind for mechanical things and his creativity in building and rebuilding so many things
- His passion for God's word and His wholehearted pursuit of intimacy with God
- His playfulness, sense of humor and wonderful ability to have deep conversations almost anywhere. (Even the lazy river!)