June 11: 3 gifts painted
- My favorite gift painted hangs in my office. It is a picture that was painted by my maternal grandmother Helen McCarthy and I received it as a final gift from her after her death. Grandmems painted this picture of her studio space and it specifically focuses on her potter's wheel. I love this picture because of its' warm colors and the subject of pieces of clay in process. This is similar to how I think of my work as a counselor. Every one of my clients is a unique, piece of God's art that is in process. Every day that I work, I sit down before Him and ask Him to take my hands in His and move them to shape and impact the person before me in just the right way. I hang this picture as a reminder to me that this is His work and that I am only a partner to the master potter and as an encouragement to my clients that they are in process and there is One who oversees each step and carries them to completion.
- I have several small painted gifts that I have received from children who I have worked with over the years. A picture of a tiger, abstract and colorful lines on the diagonal, across the canvas and portraits of me. Each one is a precious painted gift to me.
June 12: 3 gifts full
- A full Tuesday schedule: I saw 7 clients in one day!
- My heart felt full when I prayed for the youth in this region. It was toward the end of the Tuesday night watch at R2HOP and God reminded me to pray for them. I prayed from Ephesians 3 and my heart filled up with love and compassion as I prayed. God shared some of His heart for the youth with me and I felt full of desire for them to know His marvelous love for them and that they would be rooted and grounded in that love.
- I was full of laughter when I talked with my best friend from college, Sara. We took turns talking and listening. I have known Sara since the fall of 1999. She has become a witness of my life and the transformation that God has been working in me. I so appreciate her insight and observations about me and my life and I am so honored that she invites me to play the same role in her life. I am equally excited as I see the beautiful work that God has been doing in her and I eagerly anticipate what the future holds for both of us!
June 13: 3 gifts smelled
- Fresh brewed coffee made by mom just for me!
- Zoo animals at the Madison Zoo where we celebrated Kingston's first birthday. I love animals, but not always their smells.
- The smell of Baby Magic when I hug and snuggle Ava, Noah and Kingston