- #878: I saw 29 clients last week and this is the most that I have seen in one week since I changed offices
- #879: I discovered just how relaxing and delightful a facial is
- #880: Singing with Ben
- #881: Going out for breakfast spontaneously
- #882: That I was not seriously hurt when I made the poor decision to stand on the toilet seat to adjust the shower head and ended up tearing down the curtain and falling into the shower after the toilet seat broke (I'm sure it would have been hilarious to see, but alas, I was all by myself.)
- #883: Sister visits
- #884: Cookies and Cream ice cream
- #885: Doc Martin marathon's
- #886: Dinner and catching up with a friend
- #887: Ben's birthday
- #888: A weekend in Chicago
You read something that stands out to you and then you hear a song reinforcing the same message. You find this topic coming up in conversations throughout the day. Maybe you even see it appearing in your newsfeed on social media. Your heart moves a little bit every time you see or hear this theme.
This has been happening to me this week. The theme is actually a question: What are your eyes fixed on?
I'm preparing to lead See You At The Pole at my school tomorrow and the theme is Fix Your Eyes. It comes from Hebrews 12:2 which encourages us to fix our eyes on Jesus and follow his example in how we handle difficulties and suffering.
Then, I read this amazing blog post this morning by Sharon Hodde Miller about how being a people-pleaser and addicted to approval ultimately causes you to become completely self-focused. (Check out When the Self-Help Gospel Isn't Helping You Anymore on www…