Skip to main content

Catching up on counting gifts

It's been almost a week since I posted my gift list. So, there's a lot to be thankful for!

July 13: 3 gifts curled

  • #153: Ava's golden hair, framing her face, as she chatters away in the backseat on the way to summer camp and home again
  • #154: Colorful balloons being shaped into animals by an old man at the city market
  • #155: A green garden hose that watered the dry and thirsty lawn when I rolled it back up

#156: An impromptu game of bocce ball in the middle of the day with two of my brothers

#157: The city market, dinner and a movie with Patrick and Haley

July 14: 3 gifts yellow

  • #158: The sun shining through the rain clouds as I drove to visit my friend Laura and my feelings about having time with her
  • #159: A cold glass of Boston summer lager on a very hot day
  • #160: Lily, who faithfully greets me every time I return home with vigorous tail-wagging

#161: Enjoying worship so much that I lost track of time and felt surprised when it suddenly ended

#162: When everyone stayed around to keep praying after the service had ended because God was listening and we were contending

July 15: 3 gifts of stone

  • #163: The tile under my feet at Starbucks, where Karyn drank a steamer, I drank a latté and we both played Ticket to Ride, twice
  • #164: Pretending I was a stone when I sat on the loveseat with Karyn and watched The Biggest Loser for hours
  • #165: My heart-shaped rock that a very special student found and gave me when we were in St. Pierre

#166: Meeting new people who share my same love for the Bible and good conversation about it

#167: My wonderful neighbor-friend Nikki came back home!

July 16: 3 gifts hanging down

  • #168: Tree branches and leaves that shaded me during my morning run
  • #169: Baskets full of beautiful flowers
  • #170: My quilt hung over the bannister as it dries

#171: My parents came back home after a wonderful weekend of camping

#172: A chance to detox and cleanse my body in partnership with a friend

#173: Going to bed with my new book

July 17: 3 gifts learned

  • #174: The chocolate protein shake tastes better than the vanilla and that's the one that I should order
  • #175: Listening is often the best thing that I can offer my clients
  • #176: Receiving compliments is nice, even though it feels awkward

July 18: 3 gifts musical

  • #177: Just keep coming back to Me by Abby Joy Newell
  • #178: Listening to music that reminds me of when I was in graduate school as I float down the lazy river
  • #179: Mackenzie Hoover leading worship at the Rock River House of Prayer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 weeks ago today

I got married three weeks ago today. I’ve been thinking a lot about our wedding since that day. This was my first week back to work, which meant that I got to talk a lot about that day and show pictures, because everything is still fresh and new and people are anxious to know how it went. I have missed writing. Several times during our honeymoon, I almost grabbed my laptop because I had the urge to write. I never did, but I wanted to. I think that it felt too intimate to record in some ways. And, in others, I was just enjoying being lazy and carefree. I plan to write about what I remember from my wedding. (Maybe even some things from our honeymoon. We shall see…) I don’t know what I will share, but I want to make a record of my memories and experiences from that day. Just three weeks later, but the feelings are less vivid and the mental pictures are less crisp. Fortunately, our photographer did an amazing job and I am thankful that I have those images to remind me....

Heart Revival

Hey you guys, It's been almost two years since my last post. What?! I know some of you probably forgot that I even used to do this, but I hope that you're as excited as I am that I'm coming back to blogging. It's a new season and God has been stirring up lots of creativity and courage in me recently. I'm happy to tell you all about it. In case you missed it, I became a mom to sweet Elias last summer. In fact, he is about to turn 1 year old on Monday and I can't believe it! Guys, he is absolutely the sweetest, calmest and most delightful baby you can ever imagine and I still tear up sometimes in gratitude when I remember that he is my little boy. One of my life dreams to be a stay-at-home mama has been partially fulfilled in that I only work three days a week during the school year. I work 2 1/2 days at RCS Elementary School and it is an amazing place. Shortly after I got there, they put me in charge of the two chapel services that happen each week. Gu...
Dear Me at 16, First, take a deep breath and try to relax. You're not receiving this letter because you are bad or in trouble. To the contrary, I'm writing to you because I care about you and I know that it's hard for you to let others be caring toward you. You feel exposed and vulnerable, wondering if the person will stumble across all those imperfections that you work so hard to hide. You feel afraid of how they might judge you if they knew how needy, fragile and broken you actually are behind your put-together facade. I want to let you know that it's not your fault that you are this way. At least, it's not entirely your fault. Your desire to encourage and help other people is a wonderful, God-given part of your personality that influences you to put yourself in the position of helper. And this is an important part of how God has made you because it relates to the high calling that He has placed on your life to partner with Him in restoring people. Being t...