Skip to main content

Things making me happy right now:

(Still Counting Gifts:)

Fluffy baby geese by the river (#1087).

It's like a testimony that spring is really here every time I see them.

There are several families who hang out together and I love when I come across them. The babies are learning how to swim, eat grass and cross the bike path.


The babies are so cute that I wish I could pick them up and snuggle them.

Of course, I don't do this because the adult geese are so scary. They are literally watching for people like to me to get too close so that they can hiss and charge. This is so terrifying that I risk having wet feet and run through the grass across the path from them in order to be sure that I will not be attacked.

Even today, when I finally mustered up the courage to stop and take a picture, I stood as far away as I possibly could, while still getting the picture.


The view outside of my office windows is becoming amazing (#1088). (And, they are beautifully clear because David McDonald and Norwegian Squeegee recently cleaned them. #1089 Thanks Dave!)

May has been a bit slower for me, in terms of seeing clients. I am receiving this as a gift and spending time enjoying the view outside. #1090

I haven't actually been outside since this morning, but we are moving into the time of the year when you start sweating as soon as you walk out the door. And, I have this thing about being sweaty in regular clothes. I'm OK with sweating in my running clothes, but I prefer to avoid sweating in other clothes.

Our yard is becoming this amazing place (#1091) with all of these plants that I cannot identify. Ben says these are called bleeding hearts. I like them because they are pink. #1092

I'm actually starting to desire to work out in our yard. #1093 I haven't acted on this desire, at all, yet. But, I'm thinking about stepping out there and trying my hand at some weeding. I'm imagining myself doing it, that it will be harder than I think it will and that I will feel proud of my accomplishments afterwards.


Ben is spending more and more time at the farm. He got up at 5 AM this morning and left me sleeping. (I'm pretty sure this is actually the first time that he has gotten up before me in this house. So, I was feeling pretty impressed with him. #1094)

Things at the farm are off to a great start and harvesting and markets actually start this week. #1095 I'm excited for Anderson Organics to start wow-ing our community again this season with their amazingly, delicious vegetables.

I'm also excited to bring some home to my house and eat them. Seriously, their vegetables taste so good! #1096



There is some resurrection going on in my heart right now. #1097

There is pain as places in my heart that have long been dead come back to full vitality and feeling. #1098 There is fear because these feelings are returning with a strength and intensity that I did not remember they had. #1099 There is joy because God is making my heart fully alive to Him. #1100 There is hope because dreams that seemed dead are coming back to life. #1101 There is perseverance in engagement because returning to emotional shut-down would be SO, MUCH, MORE comfortable! #1102 There is love as God reassures me of my incredible worth to Him and His desire for me to be completely free to receive Him and all His benefits. #1103

My wings are back! As you can see in this picture. #1104

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transition

 It's snowing outside my window. It just started to stick a little bit. I can see it on the trees and covering the leaves. This is the first snow of the season. It means change is coming. Fall coats are no longer be sufficient. Hats, scarves and gloves become a part of my daily wardrobe. My car needs time to warm up and I should fill up with gas when it gets down to 1/4 tank. I really like this time of year. Fall is ending and winter is coming. I like snuggling in front of a fire and wearing sweaters. I like drinking hot chocolate, apple cider and spice tea, in addition to my usual coffee consumption. I like Thanksgiving, the holiday and the practice. While I welcome this change in season, I am so aware of how I am struggling in my own transition. I have spent several hours contacting insurance companies to change my name now that I am doing business as Jody Striker, LCPC. Ben is still collecting our things from the various places where we have been storing them. Th

How do I like being married?

People keep asking me how I like being married. I get it. I’m adjusting to a major life transition. People are excited for me and this is an easy way for them to enter into my joy. They ask this question and I start gushing. I say that I love it. It’s wonderful. Yes, we’re settling in well, there in the basement of my parents house. I may mention that Ben has been hanging things in our room and brought furniture out of storage to make our space more like home. If the conversation lasts long enough and becomes more intimate, I may even tell them that some of my favorite things are when we pray together in the morning and he makes me coffee to help me wake up. I like when we fall asleep with hands and toes just barely touching; in our space, but still nearby. I like calling him my husband and hearing him say that I’m his wife. Being married has been wonderfully different and also surprisingly the same. My life at work, for example, feels exactly like it did before I w

3 weeks ago today

I got married three weeks ago today. I’ve been thinking a lot about our wedding since that day. This was my first week back to work, which meant that I got to talk a lot about that day and show pictures, because everything is still fresh and new and people are anxious to know how it went. I have missed writing. Several times during our honeymoon, I almost grabbed my laptop because I had the urge to write. I never did, but I wanted to. I think that it felt too intimate to record in some ways. And, in others, I was just enjoying being lazy and carefree. I plan to write about what I remember from my wedding. (Maybe even some things from our honeymoon. We shall see…) I don’t know what I will share, but I want to make a record of my memories and experiences from that day. Just three weeks later, but the feelings are less vivid and the mental pictures are less crisp. Fortunately, our photographer did an amazing job and I am thankful that I have those images to remind me.