Skip to main content

My Stitch Fix Story

I've decided to tell my Stitch Fix Story as a fun distraction from my usually serious blog material. :)

(Actually, Stitch Fix is asking people to tell their stories and offering a grand prize of $1000 in Stitch Fix credit. This is what has truly motivated me.)

Stitch Fix is a company that offers personal styling and sends items right to your home. You start by completing a style profile questionnaire that helps them determine your style and fit preferences. You pay a $20 styling fee that you can use toward purchasing items from your fix and you chose a date for your items to arrive. Then, Stitch Fix sends you a delightful box with five items picked just for you and the real fun begins.

I first heard about Stitch Fix on my favorite blog, Chatting at the Sky by Emily P. Freeman. It sounded really fun and I knew that my sister Karyn, fashionista that she is, would love it too. So, we both completed style profiles and chose the same date for delivery of our Stitch Fixes.

We waited in great anticipation all morning until the UPS truck pulled up in front of our parents' house. Lily's barking at the sound of the doorbell could not compete with our delighted shrieks as we raced for the door like little girls on Christmas morning. We tore into our boxes and discovered amazing clothes picked just for us.

Karyn had specially requested items for her honeymoon cruise and received several lightweight shirts and dresses that were fashionable and perfect for tropical weather. I had specially requested items to wear when meeting Ben's family for the first time at his sister's graduation. I ended up loving three of my items: two shirts and a dress. I wore the dress to Amy's graduation and I wore one of the shirts in our engagement photos. 

Pink Martini - Briana Bird Print Belted Dress - $88.00


DownEast - Stevie Contoured Top - $35.00














This experience was so incredibly fun and exciting that Karyn and I were sure that we wanted to do it again. We also talked our mom into joining us. Stitch Fix #2 was even more fun because the three of us took turns pulling items out of our boxes, trying them on and admiring them.



Here is what I got in Stitch Fix #2:


Ellison - Brooke Dot Print Tab Sleeve Blouse - $38
41Hawthorn - Orinda Stretch Banded Leggings - $38
 


I decided to keep the blouse and the leggings. The blouse has a nice fit. I like that I can wear it long or roll up the sleeves. It's also not pastel and I tend to wear lots of pastels. I would not usually spend this much money on leggings, but these are the most comfortable leggings that I have ever experienced!




41Hawthorn - Rectangle Cluster Statement Necklace - $38
 

Lansome - Christina Printed Peplum Dress - $48















I decided not to get this dress because it was quite fitted on bottom and I didn't feel comfortable in it, even with the leggings. But, I absolutely loved the necklace! And, that was a surprise to me. But, I have worn it several times since and I always get compliments.

My absolute favorite in this fix was the cardigan. You can't see it in the picture, but it has a knit overlay on one of the top white stripes and it is so cute how it ties. I have never seen a cardigan quite like this and am so excited for the weather to get colder so that I can wear it!

Evolution by Cyrus - Munro Tie-Waist Striped Cardigan - $60
If you think that you would like to try a Stitch Fix, then I strongly encourage you to do it. I have loved both of my fixes and think that it's a great way to explore new clothes.

You can check out their website at: www.stitchfix.com.

And, if you want me to receive referral credit, then you can click on this link: http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3092768 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transition

 It's snowing outside my window. It just started to stick a little bit. I can see it on the trees and covering the leaves. This is the first snow of the season. It means change is coming. Fall coats are no longer be sufficient. Hats, scarves and gloves become a part of my daily wardrobe. My car needs time to warm up and I should fill up with gas when it gets down to 1/4 tank. I really like this time of year. Fall is ending and winter is coming. I like snuggling in front of a fire and wearing sweaters. I like drinking hot chocolate, apple cider and spice tea, in addition to my usual coffee consumption. I like Thanksgiving, the holiday and the practice. While I welcome this change in season, I am so aware of how I am struggling in my own transition. I have spent several hours contacting insurance companies to change my name now that I am doing business as Jody Striker, LCPC. Ben is still collecting our things from the various places where we have been storing them. Th

How do I like being married?

People keep asking me how I like being married. I get it. I’m adjusting to a major life transition. People are excited for me and this is an easy way for them to enter into my joy. They ask this question and I start gushing. I say that I love it. It’s wonderful. Yes, we’re settling in well, there in the basement of my parents house. I may mention that Ben has been hanging things in our room and brought furniture out of storage to make our space more like home. If the conversation lasts long enough and becomes more intimate, I may even tell them that some of my favorite things are when we pray together in the morning and he makes me coffee to help me wake up. I like when we fall asleep with hands and toes just barely touching; in our space, but still nearby. I like calling him my husband and hearing him say that I’m his wife. Being married has been wonderfully different and also surprisingly the same. My life at work, for example, feels exactly like it did before I w

3 weeks ago today

I got married three weeks ago today. I’ve been thinking a lot about our wedding since that day. This was my first week back to work, which meant that I got to talk a lot about that day and show pictures, because everything is still fresh and new and people are anxious to know how it went. I have missed writing. Several times during our honeymoon, I almost grabbed my laptop because I had the urge to write. I never did, but I wanted to. I think that it felt too intimate to record in some ways. And, in others, I was just enjoying being lazy and carefree. I plan to write about what I remember from my wedding. (Maybe even some things from our honeymoon. We shall see…) I don’t know what I will share, but I want to make a record of my memories and experiences from that day. Just three weeks later, but the feelings are less vivid and the mental pictures are less crisp. Fortunately, our photographer did an amazing job and I am thankful that I have those images to remind me.